By The aids2031 Consortium
AIDS is a constant around the globe health and wellbeing problem. Over 25,000,000 humans have died from AIDS, and greater than 33,000,000 are contaminated this day. whereas remedies within the built international have moved AIDS from a deadly to a prolonged, hugely pricey ailment, it is still the 6th maximum reason for loss of life globally and such a lot of these contaminated within the constructing global do not have entry to treatments. right here, the AIDS 2031 Commission's specialists document at the first 50 years of the AIDS pandemic: the 30 years that experience handed given that AIDS was once first clinically determined, and the customers and top plans to deal with the continuing world wide AIDS epidemic over the arrival twenty years. The authors tackle the total scope of the pandemic: uncomplicated technology, public health and wellbeing, investment, healing procedures, and social and societal affects and assessment the entire diversity of attainable and advised responses over the subsequent 20 years. They rigorously investigate the growth that has been made, and either continual and rising demanding situations. Written to be simply comprehensible by means of all readers, this booklet is the only most sensible resource of trustworthy details on the place the pandemic stands at the present time, the place it is headed, and what could be performed to create greater results among now and 2031.
Read Online or Download AIDS: Taking a Long-Term View PDF
Best science & technology books
Conceptual Chemistry, 3rd version positive factors extra utilized fabric and an multiplied quantitative method of support non-science majors know the way chemistry is said to their daily lives. development at the transparent, pleasant writing type and more advantageous paintings software that has made Conceptual Chemistry a market-leading textual content, the 3rd version hyperlinks chemistry to the genuine international and guarantees that scholars grasp the problem-solving abilities they should clear up chemical equations.
This booklet makes an attempt to provide not only a fowl s-eye view of the groups of designers venture, but additionally to assist establish huge issues and concerns which may tell discussions and regulations of expertise integration at different associations.
This paintings positive aspects in-depth serious essays on vital women and men inventors of all time, from all over the world. Plus, loose on-line entry to the whole content material of this impressive reference set is offered. the published reference contains: 4 volumes, together with 2,048 pages; 409 essays and 409 sidebars; hundreds of thousands of images, illustrations and graphs; and, appendixes, indexes and source listings.
- Britannica Illustrated Science Library Mammals
- Space exploration
- Private Power, Public Law: The Globalization of Intellectual Property Rights
- Bubbles, Rainbows and Worms
- Ernest Rutherford and the Atoms
Extra resources for AIDS: Taking a Long-Term View
7. UNAIDS and WHO, AIDS Epidemic Update (Geneva: UNAIDS and WHO, 2009). 8. UNDP, Human Development Report (New York: United Nations Development Programme, 2005). 9. UNAIDS, AIDS Info: UNAIDS Reference Report (Geneva: 2010). 10. Commission on AIDS in Asia, Redefining AIDS in Asia: Crafting an Effective Response (New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2008). 11. UNAIDS, MDG6: Six Things You Need to Know about the AIDS Response Today (Geneva: UNAIDS, 2010). 12. UNAIDS and WHO. 2009. Op cit. 13. National AIDS Control Organisation, HIV Sentinel Surveillance and HIV Estimation in India 2007: A Technical Brief, 2008.
Wow! Com> 24 AIDS: taking a long-term view Status quo Expanded China Zambia 150,000 150,000 120,000 120,000 90,000 90,000 60,000 60,000 30,000 30,000 0 0 2001 2011 2021 2031 2001 2011 2021 2031 Source: WHO/UNAIDS 2009 AIDS epidemic update. 13 Current and projected annual new HIV infections in adults (15–49 years) in China and Zambia, according to different scenarios. To achieve dramatic change, all available tools must be used to their maximum advantage To avert tens of millions of deaths over the next generation, as projected in the most favorable scenario, the best results possible must be obtained with the available tools.
4. UNAIDS, Report on the Global HIV Epidemic (Geneva: UNAIDS, 2006). 5. UNAIDS, MDG6: Six Things You Need to Know about the AIDS Response Today (Geneva: UNAIDS, 2010). Wow! Com> chapter 1 • The future of AIDS: a still-unfolding global challenge 29 6. McNeil, D. G. “At Front Lines, AIDS War Is Falling Apart,” The New York Times, 10 May 2010. html. 7. UNAIDS and WHO, AIDS Epidemic Update (Geneva: UNAIDS and WHO, 2009). 8. UNDP, Human Development Report (New York: United Nations Development Programme, 2005).